Thursday, November 27, 2008

I DID IT! Thanksgiving Praise!


Well, today is Thanksgiving. And I have a lot to be thankful for! I am thankful for many things in my life but I am thankful that I was able to accomplish 3 goals I had for the November Procrastination Challenge! My 3 Goals were: 1. To get a temporary kitchen pantry for my canned goods and other food items. 2. Tame the wild papers that were overtaking our kitchen countertop! 3. Organize our home entryway that was a functional space for our busy family!


Below are my before and after pictures!

1. BEFORE KITCHEN PANTRY


AFTER KITCHEN PANTRY



I just bought a single-standing (put it together yourself) cabinet at Lowe's. And bought a couple of pantry organizational items to help organize our food items. And that got the overflow of food off the counters and into a great space! Yeah, we can actually see what we have now!

2. Taming the Wild papers off countertop!



Before Paper Organization!


AFTER MY PAPER ORGANIZATION!



I was able to find a a great mail sorter/paper sorter online. This is called the "Banker's Box" I believe. But i found the best deal on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000J09CPK/ref=sr_1_olp_15?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1227795113&sr=8-15
I bought mine, new off shoplet.com from Amazon. This isn't the sturdiest paper sorter/holder but it will do for us for now. There are 8 slots and I labeled them -- (To Pay, To File, To Trash, Undecided, To Follow up, Kids School Papers, Church Resources, and Take out Menus/Coupons)

Wow! I can actually see my counters now!

3. Entryway Clutter (Family Launch Pad)

Before Entryway Organization




AFTER ENTRYWAY ORGANIZATION





I went to my favorite place TARGET for these organizational items. I found two great hook racks from Target. I placed one at adult level and one at kid level. This is great when we come home and need a place right away to hang our jackets, scarves, and the kids bookbags.


The cubicle storage unit is from TARGET as well. It is called the "ITSO" storage organization. I think these are great. I put together this custom storage unit with cream fabric storage boxes. I used clear address labels to print our family names so each person could have their own box. The small top box has a organization tray that fits right in and we keep our keys, wallets, sunglasses and things we were always looking for on our cluttered countertops, so they are there and when we're flying out the door!! Each kid has their own cubby to put their shoes and hats and whatever else they want! Since this is practically the first thing you see when you walk in our front door I wanted it to be functional yet stylish to match our other decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment